I have been SO excited to share this deliciousness with you! I have always been in love with sundried tomatoes in…well…everything. I went through a phase where I made sundried tomato frittatas almost weekly, which I will make and share soon. The creaminess of the coconut cream and milk creates a silky consistency that is hard to recreate without dairy. The sauce is bursting with flavor from the onions, garlic, and tomatoes topped with the fresh basil…your kitchen will smell like an Italian restaurant. This is a great dish for company since you can do all the prep beforehand, place in the refrigerator and bake in the oven when you are ready to serve. I’ve also had chicken breast so dry and flavorless, especially when cooked in the oven, and this Sundried Chicken Bake is far from it. Do yourself a favor and skip the expensive dinner out and make this recipe and enjoy all the savory delight from the comfort of your own home.
3 lbs boneless and skinless chicken breast or thighs
1 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken stock
¾ cup coconut cream
½ coconut milk
½ cup tapioca starch
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or mix of thyme, rosemary, oregano)
Large handful fresh basil leaves, sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400◦F.
2.Add desired amount of salt and pepper to tapioca starch in a wide bowl (I used ¼ teaspoon of each).
3. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the tapioca starch and set aside.
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5. If needed, add another tablespoon of olive oil to sauté the onion. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute. Add the sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, coconut cream, coconut milk, and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. In a 9×13 baking dish, add the chicken and the sundried tomato sauce. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Top with fresh basil and serve with rice or pasta.