It took me a few minutes to come up with a title for this recipe. I knew I wanted Greek in the title, but I hated the word ‘sheet pan’, even though this is a sheet an meal. There is nothing delicious about the word ‘sheet pan’, unless you count the fact that clean up will be easier…
This recipe can be easily created dairy free, but I have included the option to add feta cheese, in true Greek fashion.
2 lbs. chicken breast
1 large onion (red or white), diced
2 bell peppers, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup artichokes
1 lemon, quartered
fresh basil, torn
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
1 large lemon, juiced
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Marinade chicken, ideally overnight, but at least for one hour.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Spread the chicken, peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
5. Add artichokes, feta, and fresh basil to the sheet pan and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve with rice, pasta, polenta, potatoes …or just as is! Enjoy:)