2 lbs beef short ribs
1 1/2 cups good red wine
1 cup organic beef broth
2 tbsp organic tomato paste
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 springs rosemary
1 yellow onion, sliced
olive oil for sauteing
salt and pepper
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper on all sides of the short ribs. Brown in the dutch oven on all sides. Set aside.
2.Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the dutch oven. Add onions and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until slightly tender.
3. Add the minced garlic to the dutch oven, stirring constantly to be sure not to burn the garlic, about 1 minute.
4. Add the tomato paste and stir until onions and garlic are coated.
5. Return the short ribs to the dutch oven along with the wine, beef broth and rosemary.
5. Cover and cook in preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours.
6. Serve with rice, potatoes, or roasted vegetables.