Spring time means lots of carrots. Carrots roasted in the oven, fresh raw carrots with hummus, or carrot cakes. I came across this recipe and love how simple these cupcakes are! There is something about cupcakes in the spring time. Am I the only one? There is so much freshness and color in the spring and the bright orange of these cupcakes just seems to fit right in! Mother’s day is coming up and this would be a great addition to brunch or your family dinner!
The cupcakes are sweet enough to eat alone or dust with some freshly grated carrots or lemon zest. I added a coconut glaze (whipped coconut with confectioner’s sugar) and grated carrots to mine! Enjoy:)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tins (10) with liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix almond and coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside
3. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, eggs, and crushed pineapple.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the carrots and nuts.
5. Pour into muffin tins and bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes or until the center comes out clean.
6. Cool completely before topping with your favorite glaze or frosting.