I think it comes as no surprise my love for baking, but I have really been enjoying it lately. I don’t know if it’s my nesting kicking in while I wait for this baby to arrive—but I loved making this crisp! The recipe is so simple and satisfying to make! Crisp seem to be most popular during the fall and I’ve seen some berry crisp make appearances during the summer, but why limit yourself??? I thought this combination of fruit was a bit different than what I usually do and thought you would like it! In the past, I typically make a crumble topping but changed things up when I found this idea to use granola. I used my own homemade granola which is THE best, if I do say so myself!
As pictured, I used my favorite coconut ice cream to provide a sweet side to the crumble. The crisp isn’t overly sweet and only uses a bit of honey or maple syrup to sweeten things up!
4 apples (I used granny smith), peeled, cored and sliced
4 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
2 teaspoons coconut flour
2 cups granola
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Optional: crushed pecans or walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears, and blueberries.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, lemon juice, salt, honey or maple syrup. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle the coconut flour over the fruit. Mix in nuts if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the fruit mixture begins to bubble. Meanwhile, prepare the granola mixture by combining the coconut oil and granola.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with granola.
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!