Seasoned Sweet Potato Home Fries
1 lb sweet potatoes
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat a large skillet with two – three tablespoons of coconut oil for 1-2 minutes. (you want the skillet super hot)
2. Cut potatoes into round wedges, about 1/2 inch thick and 1 inch round. Toss potatoes into the skillet and cook on high for 2 minutes.
3. Add all seasoning to the skillet and reduce heat to to medium. Make sure to coat the potatoes fully in oil so the seasoning will stick. Cook until tender, stirring every 2 minutes.
1/2 fresh tomato
handful of spinach
1/4 cup onion
1. Scramble eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside
2. Finely dice the tomato and onion and saute in a skillet until onions are tender (if you want the tomato to be fresher in the omelet, only saute the onion). Add spinach and cook for 1 minute.
3. Remove onion and tomato and spinach from the skillet and add eggs.
4. In a non-stick skillet, add eggs, covering the entire bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 3 minutes or until the eggs are nearly cooked.
5. Add tomato, onion, spinach to half of the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
6. Using a spatula, gently fold over the empty part of the omelet to cover the side with the fillings.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley and basil.