Wishing you the happiest of holidays as we celebrate our Savior’s birth! I’ve tried to keep the true meaning of this time of year in the forefront of my mind. It seems so common to say that but I’ve spent time, purposeful time, on that thought. It is ALL of Him BECAUSE of Him and He is the reason we celebrate! I’ve spent the past week relaxing and reminiscing with my family while creating new memories. This year, we’ve had quite the lovely assortment of cookies and I will be sharing them with you! First up is this almond chocolate cookie. It’s simple but full of coconuty-almondy goodness with sweet chips that all come together oh so nicely. I made them smaller which made for a flatter cookie. I’ve had a few versions of this cookie but this is our fave because it’s both crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. Isn’t that every cookies dream?! Here it is and perfectly ready for you to enjoy! I always try to hold onto this holiday season for as long as possible so having cookies on hand is a must! Enjoy:)
2 cups almond meal or flour
6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used enjoy life df, gf, and sf)
1/2 cup finely shredded sweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350◦F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper (you may need two large sheets).
2. In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda together. Whisk together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and water.
4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients until well combined. Fold in the coconut and the chocolate chips.
5. Using a cookie scoop, place the cookies 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cooked through. The cookies should be lightly golden brown around the edges.
7. Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.