What is more comforting than a cookie fresh from the oven? A guiltless cookie I might add…?? Nothing. It’s perfection. I’ve joked before about absolutely delicious recipes call for a quick rush to the computer to write them out. Although my life doesn’t always warrant for that kind of time, I did find time to do this today. Yup, today. In fact, my second tray of cookies is not even cool enough to eat. They are so moist with delicious texture. This is a rare find for gluten free cookies. I did not add chocolate chips to all of them because of my littles. If I were serving them to others, I would for sure add the chocolate to make even more delicious.
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup ghee (melted)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 zucchini shredded and padded dry
1 1/2 gluten free flour (measure for measure)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup gluten free oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, ghee, and coconut sugar. Beat until creamy.
3. Next add the egg until combined. Stir in the vanilla and zucchini.
4. Gradually add the flour, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda and oats until combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts if you plan to add them to the batter.
6. Drop onto cookie sheet into heaping tablespoons.
7. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.