I have a few delicious banana bread and muffin recipes, but this one is our current fave for a few reasons. I love the texture of these delicious muffins. My kids love a little chocolate chips sprinkled on top!
3-4 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup ghee or coconut oil (room temp)
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 cup gluten free flour (I use bob’s red mill)
1/2 cup almond flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
optional: chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For muffins, place liners in a muffin tin. For bread, line a bread pan with parchment paper.
2. Mash up bananas and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the ghee or coconut oil with the maple syrup and coconut sugar. Next, add eggs, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the gluten free flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Beginning with the dry ingredients, alternate the dry with the mashed bananas to the wet mixture. Only mix until all is incorporated.
6. For muffins, bake for 20 minutes. For bread, bake for 50-60 minutes