Whenever I have the random urge to make cookies during the week…I get a sudden rush of adrenaline! I don’t typically don’t make cookies for an unnecessary reason because I’d end up eating the entire batch…yes I’ll admit it. So these little treasures came out of a little urge and a little research. After I made them for the first time, I kept thinking of changes I would have made, therefore, this is where you reap all the benefits! In addition to the recipe below, I’ve added optional goodness that can be added for your pleasure. I keep visualizing a Christmas cookie tray filled will delicious …as wholesome as can be…cookies. These my friends, will be on that cookie tray.
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup coconut or brown sugar
1 1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coco powder
1 tsp baking soda
10 oz dairy free chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350◦F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or with coconut oil spray and set aside.
2. Melt 5 oz. of the chocolate chips using a double boiler or in the microwave until liquid. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, and oil until well combined. Add the vanilla and slowly add the melted chocolate while mixing until well combined.
4. Add the rice flour, baking soda, coco powder, and salt to the mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
5. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
6. Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Let the cookies cool slightly before you remove from cookie sheet and cool on a cooling rack. Store in an air tight container up to a week.
*Add toasted coconut on top of the cookies
*Swirl peanut butter on top of the cookies before baking
*Add cinnamon for a hint of spice
One Comment Add yours
Oh I would definitely add the cinnamon for a hint of spice, lovely.