I know these salmon bowls have been gaining such momentum, but it wasn’t something I was making in my kitchen until recently. There is something about having a bunch of fun, powerful ingredients in a bowl that is just so beautiful and bright. The salmon in this recipe is so tender and bursting with flavor. I love sushi but am not a fan of making it at home because of all of the steps and prep and tiny cutting that takes place. This is a sushi roll deconstructed, if you will, since so many of the fresh flavors are found in these Teriyaki Salmon Bowls:)
1 lb salmon, cut into cubes
1 cup of rice cooked according to directions ( I used basmati)
3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1 small clove of garlic crushed
1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup fresh chopped mango
2 tablespoons red onion, minced
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 lime or lemon juiced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Everything bagel seasoning
1. In a small bowl, prep the mango salsa and set aside.
2. Cook the rice according to directions. In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, salt and coconut sugar until dissolved. Next, add the mixture to the rice while the rice is still warm. Set aside.
3. Prep the teriyaki sauce and set aside.
4. In a skillet over high heat, cook the salmon. After a minute or two, flip until cooked to desired doneness. Add the teriyaki sauce to the salmon and cook for another minute.
5. Assemble the bowls with desired toppings and enjoy!