This chicken dish is bursting with flavor. Be sure to cook with wine that you enjoy! Inspired by scampi, this chicken is fantastic with rice or vegetables that can soak up the flavorful broth.
3-4 lbs. chicken things/legs bone in skin on
1/2 cup wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
8 cloves garlic
1/4 fresh parsley (chopped)
1 sprig fresh rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
Coconut oil for frying
- In a dutch oven, add enough coconut oil to cover entire bottom of the pan, about 3 tablespoons. Generously sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and fry until golden on each side, about 4-5 minutes per side in batches. Remove chicken and set aside
- Mince garlic and add to dutch oven with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add wine and chicken broth to dutch oven. With a wooden spoon, work to pick up any chicken pieces that may have stuck to the bottom. Add fresh 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped and rosemary. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Return the chicken to the dutch oven. Cover the dutch oven and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Squeeze one lemon into the dutch oven to give a boost of flavor to the chicken.
- Serve chicken with the flavorful broth by spooning onto chicken when serving.