The more I try to balance being a good working mom, the more I value every second with my son when I get home from work. With that said, I still make it a priority to get a delicious, healthy meal on the table most nights. This meal took all of 15 minutes to prep and then my work was DONE. DONE! Did you hear me?! It was wonderful to sit in the living room playing and laughing with my precious boy while the house filled with the savory smells of vegetables and chicken roasting in the oven.
Not sold yet? Well lets talk about the clean up. The entire meal cooks on a sheet pan so no need to dirty serving dishes and bowls or anything else you typically need.
The chicken was incredibly moist with a crispy skin and spicy flavor. But not hot! I would serve this meal to pretty much everyone I know because it is just that people pleasing. I am having a love affair with smoked paprika at the moment and you may have noticed, it finds itself in many of my dishes. Of course any paprika will do, but smoked will bring up the flavor and take you away to a land of deliciousness.
You can mix and match the potatoes, vegetables and use lime instead of lemon. Completely versatile and works with whatever vegetables you have in your fridge.
1 whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces (both breasts cut in half, legs, thighs, wings)
1 lb sweet or white potatoes or combo of both, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 yellow onions, quarters
1 red onion, quartered
3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
olive oil for drizzling
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in the spice rub in a small bowl.
3. On a large sheet pan, spread out the potatoes, onions, and carrots. Drizzle with olive oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the chicken onto the sheet pan on top of the vegetables. Generously cover the chicken with the spice rub. Arrange the cut lemon on the sheet pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, flipping the chicken once. Turn the oven to broil and broil the chicken for 3-4 minutes to crisp up the skin before removing from oven.
6. Remove from oven and serve!