I had this crazy idea that I wanted to claim one day every week as ‘taco day’ and we would have a different type of taco on this day. I know I’m late to the game on this since Taco Tuesday has notorious been a thing for years, but I wanted different tacos each week. My husband and I had all these great ideas for really fun new taco ideas. Like most ideas that involve a lot of work and planning, it didn’t really work out. We love these tacos so much that they basically became “THE taco” whenever we wanted tacos. And no, we don’t actually have a taco day each week, but in case you do, here is one you can add to the mix.
1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lime juiced
1 cup diced fresh mango
2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeno (seeds removed for less spice)
2 tablespoons finely diced tomato
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 lime juiced
salt and pepper to taste
Corn Shells or desired shells
1. Prepare the mango salsa by combining all ingredients together and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until you are ready to assemble.
2. Combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and peppers into a small bowl. Mix in the shrimp and make sure the seasoning coats the shrimp.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, heat up the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes then flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are completely cooked through. Add lime juice to the shrimp.
5. Roughly chop up the shrimp. Assemble the shrimp into each taco and top with mango salsa. Top with hot sauce, guac, or other desired toppings!
*You can easily do this with chicken or salmon!
*Tacos are also great with a quick slaw with purple cabbage and carrots with lime juice to top with the tacos.