My family is recently obsessed with crepes. We recently bought a crepe maker that has been a game changer. I don’t like having kitchen appliances that collect dust, but this is one that is used quite a bit at our house. What I like about this recipe is that the batter does not need rest time. It’s ready to go within as quickly as you can mix up the batter. However, you can make it ahead of time and it will keep for a few days in your fridge.
We’ve made crepes with many, many different fillings. The thing I like about this sauce is that is with ingredients we always have in the house. You can easily do this almond butter, which would be more ‘caramel-ish’ so I would highly recommend that too! And for all my other friends out there who don’t like peanut butter, you can do any filling that you like. Some of our favorites include an orange curd, a berry compote, or just maple syrup and granola. The possibilities are endless and so delicious.
Yield: About 8 12 inch crepes
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup water
1 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
2 tablespoons of honey
3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
Peanut Butter Sauce:
2 tablespoons of creamy, natural peanut butter (containing only peanuts and salt if desired)
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Cocoa nibs and crushed peanuts as desired
1. In a blender, crack both eggs and mix on a low speed until scrambled, about 30 seconds.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients and mix for 1-2 minutes until batter is completely melted.
3. In a nonstick skillet (10-12 inches), spray a nonstick spray and heat over medium heat, about 1 minute.
4. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, dump the batter on the skillet, swirling to create a thin, round crepe that spreads across the entire skillet.
5. Let the crepe cook for 1-2 minutes then flip. Continue cooking for another minute then take off the skillet. Repeat with remaining batter.
To make the peanut butter sauce, combine the ingredients in a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until combined.